Internship Accelerator – Employer Sponsored – Summer Marketing Intern
This internship is part of the Hoos Internship Accelerator and the position is funded directly by the host employer. As part of this program, the UVA Career Center has planned a professional development series to support you during your experience. Students participating in the internships are required to engage in a 3-part professional development series that includes a pre-internship orientation, mid-summer networking reception, and a post-internship professional development workshop. Additionally, students will be required to participate in a pre and post assessment.
All Hoos Internship Accelerator opportunities can be found using this link.
Do you have questions? Please visit our Hoos Internship Accelerator website.
Marathon Marketing & Branding, LLC is a woman-owned, small business located in Charlottesville, VA offering social media management and education services to small business owners. We are looking to add a Summer Marketing Intern to our team with the potential for the internship to extend into the fall. This is a paid, remote work position with an estimated 25 – 30 of work per week.
The Summer Marketing Intern will be an invaluable member of the team assisting with the management of social media for clients, internal marketing efforts, and other regular marketing activities as needed. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a positive attitude and an eagerness to learn. This is a fantastic opportunity for those interested in learning about the world of online marketing and entrepreneurship. This internship opportunity is a very hands-on position and a great way to build your resume for your first full-time employment opportunity.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Brainstorm and develop social media content which includes written or video content
• Design post and story images as needed
• Schedule content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
• Participate in social media analysis and strategy sessions
• Create analytics reports for clients
• Write and publish blog content and update website content
• Assist with internal email marketing efforts
• Assist with upcoming podcast launch
• Edit and design online course content in PowerPoint
• Other duties as assigned
Ideal Candidate will:
• Currently be pursuing a degree in marketing, communications, or a related major
• Exhibit an eagerness and curiosity in marketing, particularly social media marketing
• Have exposure to or basic knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
• Ambitious, strong work ethic, and strong communication skills
• Fast learner who is adaptable and thrives in a fast-paced environment
• Exhibit strong writing skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Have a basic understanding of various social media metrics
• Experience working in Canva is preferred, but not required
• Wants to be a part of a team and have a little fun!
U.S. work authorization required. All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status.
To apply, please submit your resume and a writing sample to Sydney Chakalos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Internship Type: remotely
- Internship Duration: 8 weeks